2019 is…here? Already? 2018 seemed to pass by in a blur, leaving my in a daze that we’re already in the year 2019.
I’m posting this at midnight, right smack at the beginning of the new year (though the time may be different for you, if you’re in a different time zone 😉 ). But I thought I’d write a quick post about my New Years goals and resolutions. I might do an end-of-the-year-look-at-what-I-actually-accomplished-from-this-post-of-goals thingy at the end of this year, but we’ll see. 🙂
Here are some of my goals and resolutions for 2019:
- Eat healthier. I feel like I’ve been putting too much sugar into my body. And I need to be drinking more water. Healthier dessert and snack option are on my list to search for, and making better decisions as to what I’m eating. *sighs* Less chocolate…how am I going to live?
- Exercise more. Isn’t this almost everyone’s goal every new year? Well, we shall see if I actually stick to this one.
- Read more books. Typical booknerd. 😛 My 2018 Goodreads goal was 32. I thought I could read at least that many. But, alas, I did not (after all, it’s my senior year of high-school and my reading was just a lot of reading for school). So I’m lowering my goal a bit, but I’m still hoping to read more books this year. I want to read more non-fiction this year too.
- Redesign this blog. Yup, this website might be in for a whole new look some time soon. 🙂
- Begin my monthly newsletter. I wanted to start this right when I launched my blog, but I didn’t. I’m glad I didn’t too; I was just figuring things out with blogging, and adding a monthly newsletter to the mix might’ve been a bit much.
- Um, graduate from high-school. Yeah, so there’s that. 🙂
- Begin some sort of photography business??? Not sure about this one yet, but I really want to do something with photography. This probably won’t happen until later in the year, after I’ve finished high-school.
- Finish Danni’s Dilemma. I want to rewrite this novella and edit it by the time spring rolls around.
- Keep track of all words written. At the end of the year, I want to see how many words I’ve written. 🙂
- Practice guitar and ukulele more. I’ve played piano for 9 years, discovering my love of music. I picked up guitar a bit a couple years back. I really enjoyed it, but never really put much time into it. Then in 2018, I bought my first ukulele. I love how music sounds on both of those instruments, so I want to put more time into learning how to play them (fun fact: I own three ukuleles now 😛 ).
- Get more in-tune with God, strive to be more Christ-like, and put more of my focus on Him. Sometime I feel with all the life happenings and busyness and all that, I can forget that God is my first priority. I want to spend more time in His presence and grow my relationship with Him.
And there it is. It’s quite a list (to me at least). 2019 already looks like it’s going to be a busy (but epic) year. Tell me in the comments, what are some of your 2019 resolutions and goals? What are you most looking forward to? I can’t wait to hear about what you have planned for 2019! 😀
Write on and happy New Year 🙂 ,