Coming out of my usual blogging schedule for this, because I have something special coming this Saturday, so be sure to come back to check that out! 😉
I was tagged by the awesome Aberdeen, for The Liebster Award. Which is really just another blog tag. 😉 I’ve been really wanting to do this, so I’m so happy that I was tagged!
1. Thank the blog that nominated you for the award. (Thank you, Aberdeen!)
2. Answer the questions they gave you.
3. Give 11 fun facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and give them 11 questions to answer. (I hope I can think of this many)
1. What tune would you hate to get stuck in your head (yes, you’re welcome for getting it stuck in your head now)?
A silly jingle from an insurance company commercial (yes, now it’s stuck in my head).
2. If you were a dinosaur, what species would you be and why?
Because I’ve been marred by those terribly scary Jurassic Park movies, I wish I would be a vegetarian dinosaur, so that I wouldn’t be tempted to, uh, ahem, eat any unfortunate humans.
3. What is your favorite book in a genre you don’t normally read?
Recently, my favorite genre has been sci-fi/futuristic. My one favorite is hard to pick…probably A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes.
4. What is the first thing you saw this morning?
Um…the wall? I was probably facing that waking up in my bed this morning.
5. If you could make up a dinosaur species, what would it be called and what would it look like?
It would probably be a cross between a dragon and a horse (idk). Whether that’s actually a dinosaur is up for debate. And as for the name, that’ll take a bit of contemplation…
6. If you could have a pen that looked like anything you wanted, what would you pick?
I would want it to have all my favorite characters’ faces on it (even the ones that are deceased, which would be a lot probably).
7. What fictional character depicts your current mood right now?
It’s hard to say, because as I write this, I’m a wee bit sick. 🙁
8. What is the most ridiculous pen name that fits your personality?
I didn’t know what to put here, so I went to a pen name generator. Boom, first name it gives me: Prentiss Dogan. Like, what???
9. What is the funniest text you’ve received/written?
I actually don’t have a phone, so…yeah. 🙂
10. If a dinosaur was roaming around your yard, what would you do?
Lock the doors and forget whatever I saw watching the Jurassic Park movies. And pinch myself, because I hope I’m dreaming.
11. Would you rather only be able to write one magnificent book every ten years, or one mediocre book every year?
This is a super tough one. Of course I’d love to write a magnificent first draft, but ten years is just a really long time for me. I don’t mind writing mediocre drafts and then editing them. 🙂
And now for the 11 fun/random facts about myself. 🙂
1. I own three ukuleles. No, you can never have too many.
2. I don’t like fries. Usually the only time I eat them is with nacho cheese.
3. I’ve been writing since I was 8. 🙂
4. I’m a fan of vintage and retro things. I own a few vinyl record, a retro-looking CD player, and hope to get a record player one day (so I can, well, actually play the records).
5. I want to live on a hobby farm. Horses, goats, chickens, a vegetable garden…
6. I recently decided to collect mugs. <3
7. I think it’s really hard to come up with random facts about oneself.
8. I have two guinea pigs. S’more (Moe for short) and Rocky (who’s this adorable swirly-furred baby) 😀
9. I’ve been riding horses for 5 1/2 years. Loved every minute. <3
10. My hair actually has a wee bit of an auburn tint. Which you can only see when it doesn’t have any hair product on it. And considering the need to tame these curls I have, there’s usually hair product on it. 🙂
11. I own 10+ signed books. 🙂
Hmm…here are the questions I will give my nominees. 🙂
- If you could have any pet, what would it be?
- Would you rather be able to read five good books a month or one excellent one?
- If you could pick a bookish-related superpower, what would it be?
- What fictional character would you call your twin?
- Would you rather go through the whole writing process on an electronic or on pen and paper (which would be outlining through editing)?
- If you saw your favorite author walking down your street, what would you do?
- A dragon appears in your bedroom and says “how are you?” What’s your response?
- How much time do you
wastespend on Pinterest a day? 😛
- What’d you eat for breakfast today?
- Are you tired of these questions yet? 😉
- What would you do to get a signed copy of a collector’s edition of your favorite book by your favorite author?
And now for the tagging. I hope I can think of 11 bloggers to answer this…
Aaaaand I can’t. The people I would tag have already been tagged, so if anyone reading this would like to snag this tag for their blog, be my guest. 🙂
What was the first thing you saw this morning? What would you do if you saw a dinosaur in your yard? 🙂