Woohoo, my first tag! I was tagged by Danielle (check out her blog!) to do this. Okay, not tagged directly. She just tagged anyone who plays guitar. I am proud to be qualified 😉
Here we go…
- What is your current read, last read, and a book you want to read next?
A Time to Speak, by Nadine Brandes; The Girl Who Could See, by Kara Swanson; and Storm, by Evan Angler.
- What book did everyone like but you hated?
Pride and Prejudice. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t like it either. Sure, there were some funny parts, but it wasn’t my type of book.
- What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read but probably won’t?
There are many. Very many. Too many to count…
- What book are you saving for retirement?
Well, I haven’t really thought about this. Any book I would set aside for retirement wouldn’t help being consumed before that time.
- Last page: read it first or wait ‘til the end?
Wait until the end!!! It spoils everything if I know how the books ends. (confession: okay, I’ve read the last page of a book only twice, because the book wasn’t good enough in my opinion to continue so I just skipped to the end)
- Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink or interesting aside?
Since I became serious about writing, I really like to read about who the author has to thank for making the book happen. Sometimes I don’t realize just how many people are involved in the publishing of one book.
- Which book character would you switch places with?
This is a hard question. We all know book characters’ lives are terrible for the most part. Does it count if I pick a character from one of my own books? 😉 I’ll pick Kaylee, from my superhero WIP. Because, well, who wouldn’t want to be a superhero? 😀
- Do you have a book that reminds you of a specific something in your life (place, person, time?)
My Sergeant Reckless book will always remind me of where I bought it, the BreyerFest in Kentucky. Also, all the books I bought at the Realm Makers conference will remind me of my time there. 🙂
- Name that book that you acquired in an interesting way.
The most interesting way I acquired a book (or bookzzzz) was at the Realm Makers conference.
- Have you ever given a book away to a special person for a special reason?
I don’t think that I’ve ever given away a book before.
- What book has been with you the most places?
I take my Bible whenever I travel. So that’s probably been with me the most places.
- Any “required reading” you hated in high school but wasn’t that bad later?
I don’t usually read books twice, but I didn’t have high hopes for Pride and Prejudice (I had to read it for literature). I know, despite what I said answer #2, it was better than I expected.
- Used or brand new?
Brand new for sure. I’ll settled with slightly used sometimes. I like my books in excellent condition. 😉
- Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
- Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
Not that I recall. Books are better. 😉
- Have you ever read a book that made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Flipping through cookbooks always makes me hungry. So does any description of food in fiction. No one book specifically.
- Who is the person who’s book advice you’ll always take?
Almost anyone really. But especially my close friends and family members.
- Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Swipe (by Evan Angler) was my first sci-fi/futuristic/dystopian book. I discovered that I love this genre!
There you have it! I had a lot of fun with this tag. Since Danielle tagged guitar players, I will tag piano players. 😉 Have fun with it!
Chat with me in the comments! What’s your last and next read? Did you discover a new genre that you love?